HCFM’s ministries include Family Rosary and Family Rosary International, Family Theater Productions and the Father Peyton Family Institute. HCFM and its ministries promote prayer and the family throughout the world, reflecting Fr. Peyton’s belief that “the family that prays together stays together.”
“Today, people are seeking to deepen their spiritual life, strengthen their families, and create peace throughout the world,” said Rev. John Phalen, C.S.C., president of Holy Cross Family Ministries. “In no other time has our mission and vision been more relevant and the need greater. We respond to that need through holding family retreats in Utah, Indiana, Massachusetts, New York, California, and more. This past year alone, together we were able to distribute more than half a million Rosaries and bring thousands of people together to pray.”
- Family Rosary gathered more than 120,000 people at events around the world to pray the Rosary, including 10,000 at an English-speaking World Youth Day venue in Rio de Janiero.
- A 7-mile procession of school students in Uganda, where each Mystery of the Rosary was prayed.
- More than 200 children braved a typhoon in the Philippines for an annual Rosary Rally.
- 36,000 students in 14 countries participated in the annual “Try Prayer! It Works!” contest.
- 70,000 people downloaded Family Rosary’s mobile apps.
- HCFM YouTube videos had more than 150,000 views in 2013, including 13,000 views of “Pray the Joyful Mysteries with Fr. Peyton.”
- Mission staff in Uruguay reached the faithful through 10 radio stations, offering spiritual guidance and answering personal questions.