- Public Visitation:Tuesday, March 3, Noon to 6 p.m.; and overnight from9 p.m. to 10 a.m.at the Basilica of the Sacred Heart.As the line for entry may be lengthy, please allow sufficient time to clear security and proceed through the Basilica.
- Wake(by invitation only):Tuesday, March 3, at 7:30 p.m.
- Holy Cross Funeral Mass(by invitation only):Wednesday, March 4, at 2 p.m. at the Basilica of the Sacred Heart.
- Procession to the Burial Site:Wednesday, 3:30 p.m., the Basilica of the Sacred Heart to Holy Cross Community Cemetery.After the Funeral Mass, there will be a procession from the Basilica of the Sacred Heart to the Holy Cross Community Cemetery, as is the custom for the Congregation of Holy Cross. All are invited to line the path from the Basilica to the cemetery to pay final respects to Father Ted.
- Live Streaming in Campus Facilities:Given the limited capacity of the Basilica of the Sacred Heart the customary site of a funeral for a religious of the Congregation of Holy Cross it is unfortunately not possible to accommodate everyone who might wish to participate in the Wake Service or Funeral Mass, and consequently these events are by invitation. However, there will be several sites on campus where these events will be live-streamed, to allow the full participation of the alumni and friend community, including the Wake at the LaFortune Student Center and the Funeral Mass at the Compton Family Ice Arena and LaFortune.
Throughout the week, you will find the latest details on events, parking, building hours, food options, etc. athesburgh.nd.edu. Check back often.
If you cannot make it back to campus, you can still join us in prayer and remembrance of Father Hesburgh in your Notre Dame community.
- Live Streaming:The Wake, Funeral Mass and Memorial Tribute will all be live-streamed athesburgh.nd.edu.
- Gather in Prayer:Join together in your community (in homes or during Notre Dame Club-organized events) to pray for Father Hesburgh and participate in the live-streamed events. You will findprayer resources, including the Sorrowful and Glorious Mysteries of the Rosary, prayers for Father Hesburgh, and our Grotto prayer request form at FaithND. The psalms, readings, and Gospel from Father Hesburgh’s Wake and Funeral Mass are also available.