| by Province Staff
The United States Province, through the Victim Assistance Coordinator and independent investigators, will respond swiftly to evaluate and investigate any accusation of sexual misconduct by a member. If the conduct involves a minor, the United States Province will follow the guidelines spelled out in the policy available below. The protocol for investigation includes:
- Pastoral outreach to the alleged victim;
- Reporting the alleged abuse to civil authorities, and cooperation with their investigation;
- Placing the member alleged to have committed the abuse on administrative leave, pending the outcome of the investigation’
- Informing the Province Review Board of the allegation;
- Initiating a Canonical Preliminary Investigation, if it is determined the allegation has at least the possibility that there could be truth in the facts and circumstances.