Rev. Thomas J. O’Hara, C.S.C., newly elected Provincial Superior for the Congregation of Holy Cross, U.S. Province of Priests and Brothers, announced that he has received a letter from Rev. Richard V. Warner, C.S.C., the Superior General, appointing the following religious to the United States Province Provincial Administration. These religious had been recommended for service by Fr. O’Hara to the Superior General.
- Rev. Richard S. Wilkinson, C.S.C., 1st Assistant Provincial and Vicar: Fr. Wilkinson will oversee personnel, safe environment and the Province’s parochial ministry;
- Rev. James E. McDonald, C.S.C., 2nd Assistant Provincial and Steward: Fr. McDonald will take primary responsibility for the Province’s finances and properties, as well as oversee the Province’s mission in Latin America, including Mexico and the Districts of Chile and Peru;
- Brother Donald Stabrowski, C.S.C., 3rd Assistant Provincial and Secretary: Br. Stabrowski will oversee administration and planning, including in particular the new strategic plan decreed by the Chapter; and
- Rev. Edwin H. Obermiller, C.S.C., 4th Assistant Provincial and Counselor: Fr. Obermiller will oversee the Province’s efforts in vocations, communications and development.
Fr. O’Hara as Provincial will take primary responsibility for the Province’s mission in higher education, the District of East Africa, Holy Cross Family Ministries, the formation programs, and the historical relationship with the Sacred Heart of Jesus Province in Bangladesh.
Provincial O’Hara thanked the four Assistant Provincials for their willingness to serve the Province in these roles of leadership. He also thanked the Holy Cross and University communities at the University of Portland and St. Edward’s University, in particular the University Presidents, for the sacrifices they are making in freeing these men for new service to the Province.
Fr. O’Hara also announced that he had received a letter from Superior General Warner, appointing the following religious to the United States Province Provincial Council. These religious had been recommended for service by Fr. O’Hara to the Superior General.
- Rev. John A. Herman, C.S.C.
- Rev. Austin I. Collins, C.S.C.
- Rev. James B. King, C.S.C.
- Rev. Thomas P. Looney, C.S.C.
- Rev. John F. Denning, C.S.C.
- Rev. Wilfred J. Raymond, C.S.C.
- Rev. Peter A. Jarret, C.S.C.
- Rev. James T. Gallagher, C.S.C.
- Rev. Thomas C. Bertone, C.S.C.
Joining these nine men on the Provincial Council are Rev. E. William Beauchamp, C.S.C., and Rev. Neil F. Wack, C.S.C., who were elected by the Provincial Chapter and approved by Fr. Warner.
Fr. O’Hara thanked these men for their willingness to serve the Province in this role as part of his Council.
The Provincial Chapter ended Thursday, June 21, 2012, in Portland, Ore.