Holy Cross Family Ministries Plans August Family Retreat at Notre Dame
Published: May 24, 2012
Author: Stephanie Sibal
Servant of God Patrick Peyton was a Congregation of Holy Cross priest who founded the organization. The United States Province of Priests and Brothers sponsors Holy Cross Family Ministries of North Easton, Mass., as part of its mission work. The organization promotes and supports prayer and the spiritual wellbeing of the family through its various ministries. Those include Family Rosary, Family Theater Productions and the Father Peyton Family Institute.
The retreat, which began in 1918, includes:
- Presentations to promote family and individual prayer, with activities for all age levels - adult, teens and preteens;
- Mass celebrated in Washington Hall, the Basilica of the Sacred Heart and the Grotto of Our Lady of Lourdes;
- Sacrament of Reconciliation;
- Stations of the Cross along the banks of St. Joseph’s Lake
- A candlelight procession with a Rosary and Benediction of the Blessed Sacrament; and
- Time for recreational activities at University facilities.
The theme for the annual retreat is “Closest Neighbors, Trustworthy Friends - Brothers.”
Retreat leaders include Br. John Paige, C.S.C.; Br. Patrick Lynch, C.S.C.; Br. Paul Bednarczyk, C.S.C.; Br. Carlos Parrilla, C.S.C.; Br. Ken Haders, C.S.C.; Rev. Peter Rocca, C.S.C.; Rev. John Phalen, C.S.C.; and Beth Mahoney.
The cost is $200 for adults; $175 for youth ages six to 17; and $100 for children five and younger. For commuters, the cost for adults is $100; $75 for youth; and $25 for children. There is a non-refundable deposit of $50 for an individual or $100 for a family.
Check in starts at 3:30 p.m. Aug. 3; the retreat begins with a dinner at 5:30 p.m.in the North Dining Hall at Notre Dame. Check out is before 11 a.m. Sunday.
Find out about registration on the HCFM website. For more information, call 800-299-7729 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Deposit checks can be mailed to Holy Cross Family Ministries, Mission Department, 518 Washington St., North Easton, MA 02356-1200.