- The Bible: Any time is a good time to read Scripture. The U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops even has the entire New American Bible on its website. You can also find a selection of Catholic Bibles at your favorite Catholic bookstore.
- "Basil Moreau: Essential Writings," a look at the Holy Cross founder Blessed Basil Moreau through his various writings, by Revs. Kevin Grove, C.S.C., and Andrew Gawrych, C.S.C.
- "Atchison Blue," a spiritual memoir by Judith Valente
- "Strange Gods" by "The Anchoress," Elizabeth Scalia
- "A Time to Plant," lessons in work, prayer and dirt by Kyle T. Kramer
- "Reclaiming Francis" by Msgr. Charles Murphy
- "Redeeming Administration" by Ann M. Garrido
- "St. Peter's B-list," inspiring poetry about the saints edited by Mary Ann B. Miller
Summer is a great time for reading while you're relaxing by the pool or beach, taking a road trip or even as part of a quiet staycation. It's also a great opportunity for spiritual renewal. Why not double-up? With the help of Ave Maria Press, the publishing apostolate of the United States Province, we've developed a short list of books for your spiritual summer reading list:
Login/Register to leave comment