- Melanie Chapleau,assistant to Rev. Theodore Hesburgh, C.S.C.,University of Notre Dame
- Lori Gorny,office and payroll manager,Provincial Administration Office (Notre Dame, Ind.)
- Patti Schlarb,seamstress at theBasilica of the Sacred Heart, Notre Dame
- Gary Malecha,professor of political science,University of Portland(Ore.)
- Edwin J. and Lea M. Zorn,parishioners,Sacred Heart Parish (Tri-Community Parish),Colorado Springs, Colo.
Notre Dame, Ind.To mark theSolemnity of Our Lady of Sorrows on Sept. 15, Rev. Thomas O'Hara, C.S.C., provincial superior of the United States Province of Priests and Brothers, has named six recipients for the 2014 Spirit of Holy Cross Award. The award, named forOur Lady of Sorrows, the patroness of the Congregation of Holy Cross, is given annually to lay collaborators who faithfully serve the Province in the United States and abroad. The Spirit of Holy Cross Award recognizes lay collaborators who devotedly work to makeBlessed Basil Moreau'svision and mission to "make God known, loved, and served" a reality at the Congregation's education, parish and mission apostolates. Fr. O'Hara said he is thankful for the Province's lay partners who work with Holy Cross religious daily to advance the Congregation's mission throughout the world. "On our Congregation's feast day the Feast of Our Lady of Sorrows we thank our lay collaborators who are living examples of stewardship to the Word of God and the embodiment of Our Lady's love for all her children," Fr. O'Hara said. "This year's Spirit of Holy Cross recipients live their vocation through their work with Holy Cross. May God continue to bless them as they give of their time and talents." The 2014 recipients are:
Login/Register to leave comment