Ways to Give
Gift of Stock
Thank you for considering a gift of securities to the Congregation of Holy Cross, United States Province. The process is easy and often offers significant tax benefits
Here’s how it works:
- You transfer appreciated stocks, bonds, or mutual fund shares you have owned for more than one year to the Congregation of Holy Cross.
- The Congregation of Holy Cross sells your securities and uses the proceeds for our greater apostolic needs or areas you designate.
- You receive an immediate income tax deduction for the fair market value of the securities on the date of transfer (even if you originally paid much less for them).
- You pay no capital gains tax on the transfer when the stock is sold.
- Giving appreciated stock can be more beneficial than giving cash. The “cost” of your gift is often less than the deduction you gain by making it.
Please find the information you will need to make a gift of stock below, or click here for a downloadable version.
Depository Trust Company
Essential Information for the Electronic Transfer of Securities
to the Congregation of Holy Cross, U.S. Province
Province Broker: Charles Schwab / Schwab One Account
DTC Participant Number: 0164 Code 40
Account Number: 9157-1198
Charles Schwab Contact Information:
Investment Consultant | Investor Development Team
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc.
3000 Schwab Way
Westlake, TX 76262
Tel: 855-966-3737 | Fax: 888-526-7252
Congregation of Holy Cross, United States Province, Inc.:
Mr. Jim Kramer, CFRE
Associate Director, Mission Advancement
Congregation of Holy Cross, United States Province, Inc.
P.O. Box 765
Notre Dame, IN 46556
Congregation of Holy Cross, U.S. Province Federal Identification Number: 32-0344245
Last updated: 4-Aug-22